Chapter 5 - Creating Your Guide FileOnce you have designed and scripted your online assistance, you are ready to create your guide file. This chapter tells you how.
It describes how to
This chapter also describes how you can create a mixin for an existing guide file.
- prepare your source files
- build your guide file (that is, compile your source files into a guide file)
- set compile options
- interpret compile messages
To get the most out of this chapter, you should have a basic understanding of Apple Guide, know how to script a Guide Script source file, and be familiar with the Guide Maker application. For more information on these subjects, see Part 1, Part 4, and the first chapter of Part 2, respectively.
- Preparing Your Source Files
- Building Your Guide File in Four Steps
- Setting Compile Options
- Checking the Syntax of Your Source Files
- Interpreting the Compile Messages
- Other Utilities
- Importing and Exporting Resources
- Specifying Guide File Information
- Creating a Mixin for Your Guide File
Main | Top of Section | What's New | Apple Computer, Inc. | Find It | Feedback | Help