Preface - About This DocumentMRJToolkit is a set of Java-based classes that you use to access some Mac OS functionality from a Java application. For example, if your Java application allows you to save files, you can use MRJToolkit methods to assign a file type and creator to such a file saved on the Mac OS platform.
You should use MRJToolkit if you are interested in doing any of the following:
- Packaging a Java application using JBindery
- Creating or opening files from the Mac OS Finder for your Java application
- having your application launch or activate when files are dropped onto its desktop icon
- Setting keyboard equivalents for menu items in your Java application
- MRJToolkit methods are not available for use by Java applets.
- How to Use This Document
- Additional Resources
- Conventions Used in This Document
- Special Fonts
- Command Syntax
- Types of Notes